Six Months Course In Cinematography
Day for Night
Mindscreen Film Institute is committed to educate the next generation of Cinematographers to develop their own unique sense of visual voice, gaining intensive hands-on experience while working on the latest state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. In addition, Mindscreen is also home to distinguished faculty of accomplished cinematographers.
NEXT BATCH FEBRUARY 2018
ENROLMENT OPENS SEPTEMBER 2017Instant Query
[ ]Click to expand
- 30 selected feature films will be screened and discussed.
- About 30 practical sessions which involve lighting practice and operation of Film and Digital movie cameras will be conducted.
- Perspective Study
- Architecture & Light
- Landscape/ Portraiture Photography in Ooty & Pollachi
- Interview Exercise
- Continuity Exercise
- Art & Photography
- Scene Exercise
- Outdoor Lighting control with grips
- Day & Night Lighting Practice
- Night Time Photography
- 3D Practicals
- Animation & Time-lapse Photography
- Guided outdoor Motion Picture practical's (in locations away from Chennai)
- Crane & Dolly Practice
- Guided short film production using Digital Motion Picture Camera
Upon successful completion of the Preparatory Course on DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY you are entitled for direct admission
To apply for the course, the concerned candidate should possess an undergraduate degree either in science or arts. However, +2 students with three years' experience in Photography / Film Industry may also apply.
- PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO HAVE UNDERGONE THE THREE MONTHS FOUNDATION DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE FROM November 2017 to January 2018 AT MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE.
- Interviews are conducted in TWO PHASES for each batch for the convenience of International and upcountry students. The FIRST PHASE interview for the February 2018 Batch would be held by the last week of September 2017 and filled in application should reach us on or before 10th September 2017.
- The SECOND PHASE interview for the February 2018 would be held by the Second week of October 2017 and filled in application should reach us on or before 30th September 2017.
- ONCE SEATS ARE FILLED IN THE FIRST PHASE OF INTERVIEW THE SECOND PHASE INTERVIEW WILL NOT BE HELD.
- Selection strictly on Merit and Performance in the one to one interview.
- Seats are limited and students would be shortlisted on first cum first serve basis.
- Application form can be downloaded from our website.
- Completed application form along with a recent passport size photograph and a DD for Rs.2500/- towards registration fees to be drawn in favor of MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, payable at Chennai.
- Those who wish to remit the registration fees online may transfer the same to :MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE
Current Account No.: 67012167471
Bank Name: STATE BANK OF INDIA
Branch: ALWARPET - CHENNAI
Branch code: 70570
SWIFT Code: SBININBB
- APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT THE REGISTRATION FEE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- The Application forms can be submitted in person or couriered to MINDSCREEN FILM INSTITUTE, 4, Ranga Lane, Ranga Road, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004
- Proof of academic credentials (photocopies) and work experience to be enclosed. Originals to be presented during the personal interview stage.
- Preference will be given to candidates, who have attended at least one International Film Festival in India /Abroad.
- A statement of purpose in 200 words indicating reasons for interest in the course & career in Cinematography to be enclosed with the application form.
- Tuition Fee - Rs.2,95,000 + 18% GST
- Caution Deposit - Rs.20,000 (Refundable)
- Assignment Fee Deposit - Rs.60,000
- Project Fee Deposit - Rs.60,000
- Total - Rs.4,35,000 + 18% GST on Tuition Fee
NEXT BATCH FEBRUARY 2018
ENROLMENT OPENS SEPTEMBER 2017